2. Controllers of Personal Data
QuotesSpider Media, Inc., of 7683 SE 27th St. #308, Mercer Island, WA 98040, is the data controller of the personal data processed through the Site.
3. Cross-border Transfers of Personal Data
The Site is primarily operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use the Site from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of the Site should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer or in which we process personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Accordingly, the level of safeguards and legal protections provided in the United States and other countries outside of the European Union (“EU”) from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under the EU or the privacy laws of some other countries, possibly including your own jurisdiction. Those who access or use the Site from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data.
4. Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide to us when you sign up for and use a membership account. When you sign up for and use a membership account, we receive and store your email address and hashed password, the quotation collection names you create in your account (which are encrypted in our database and not shown publicly or shared with other users), and the quotes that you select to save to those collections or mark as favorites. We receive and store your confirmation that you are over the age of 16 when you create your account. We also receive and store your requests for password resets and the date of those requests, your requests to change your email address associated with your account, and the history these requests and our responses to you. We also collect and store failed account login requests.
- Information relating to our email communications with you. We store certain information about our email communications with you. For example, if you sign up for an account and we cannot successfully deliver email messages to the email address you provide to us in the account registration process, we log that email address so that we can stop sending messages to that invalid email address. We also collect and store email status data, including whether emails that we send to you are successfully delivered when you sign up for an account, when you change the email address associated with your account, or when you email us about forgotten passwords.
- Information you provide to us when you send us requests, suggestions, corrections, or questions via email. We receive and store those communications and the email addresses you used to send those emails to us, as well as our responses to you.
- Information from third-party sources. We may receive information about you from our third-party service providers who help us to provide the Site. For example, one of our third-party service providers does country detection based on your IP address and sends us an http header with the country code corresponding to the country or jurisdiction detected.
Automatically collected information. When you use our Site, click on links within our emails to confirm your account or to change a password, or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device, we and our third-party partners automatically receive, store, and analyze certain types of information about how you access and use the Site.
5. Location Data
As noted above, we may request access to or otherwise receive information about your general device location based on your IP address when you access the Site. We use this location data to determine which version of the Site to show you, and to help identify and log potential malicious use of our Site.
10. Third-Party Websites
12. Security of Information
We make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect against the unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, alteration and destruction of the personal data under our control. We recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats. You also should protect your password to protect against unauthorized access to your account.
13. Data Retention
14. Communication With Children
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal data to us or register on the Site. If you are under 16, do not use this Site, register an account, or provide any information about yourself to us.
It is possible, through fraud or deception, that we may receive personal data from an individual under the age of 16. If we are notified or otherwise become aware of this, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information in accordance with applicable law. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and you believe your child has provided personal data on our Site without your consent that you would like us to delete, please email us.